Saturday, January 26, 2008

Taking the mac to the next level: installing stuff

Ok, I am now sick of just using my mac to look at emails, browse forums and take random photos in photo booth! I finally get around to copying my vast music collection onto itunes (which I am very much accustomed to as I have used it for ages as my primary music player.... although I really do prefer amarok for linux), and install iworks and microsoft office 2004. I also install firefox, as I am over safari, and opera keeps timing out...

The interesting thing about installing things on the mac are that instead of clicking an 'install' button, you drag an icon onto a folder :P A it takes no time at all to install!

I have also discovered the finder application... I can't believe I have had this mac for around 2 weeks without it!

No comments: