Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wireless internet and the mac!

Uni is in full swing now, and one of the biggest perks of taking a mac into lectures (besides looking incredibly pretentious of course :P), was so I could access lecture slides from the internet. So I get to the lecture, turn on the airport, and select the Uni's wireless network. Nothing happens. I then go through and configure the wireless network with no success. As a last resort, I ring my FH at work, sobbing that the stupid computer won't connect to the stupid wifi... spent 5 minutes messing around with settings to no avail.

So I give up, go to my next class and lo and behold I get an instant connection. The solution? I had no signal in the previous lecture room! So while I had been cursing the poor machine, it was in fact my university who had failed to let us know that they only had certain hot spots where we could access the internet! All working great now with no issues thankfully.... just not in that lecture room :P

As a side note, one of my lecturers is posting our notes up in docx format.... which is unreadable for anything except office 2007! Ahhhhh!

No comments: